Wednesday, May 5, 2010

D1 of Group Cleanse: Lessons from Raw Masta

We are thrilled to embark on another Gottfried Cleanse starting today. Join us: take the next 7 days to remove gradually gluten, caffeine, sugar, alcohol and dairy.



What makes it easier is delicious, such as this amazing marinade over raw kale. Ani's marinade softens the kale and is so flavorful, you'll forget how good it is for you. Thank you to my dear friend from high school who made this for me on Monday night!

Here's Ani Phyo's Sunflower Thyme Marinade
    2 T thyme
    1 clove garlic
    1 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 cup sunflower seeds soaked an hour or more and then drained
    1 T apple cider vinegar
    1 t sea salt
    (2 T lemon juice--my friend's addition)

    Blend all ingredients until smooth. Marinade will keep for three to four days and makes enough for a few salads.

From her book, "Ani's Raw Food Kitchen".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thank you Dr Sara Gottfried for the post and for enjoying my book and recipe. i have many more recipes and videos on my website at: http://www.AniPhyo.com. my latest book “Ani’s Raw Food Essentials” goes on sale in the USA June 1st. It’s my biggest book yet, hard cover, with over 250 recipes. printed in 2 color with gorgeous color food photo inserts, it’s priced under $28, rather than over $45. my recipes continue to get simpler and faster to make. I hope you’ll check it out and enjoy it. thanks again for the post.

Gottfried Center for Integrative Medicine's Fan Box

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
I'm an organic gynecologist, yoga teacher + writer. I earn a living partnering with women to get them vital and self-realized again. We're born that way, but often fall off the path. Let's take your lousy mood and fatigue, and transform it into something sacred and useful.